What We Believe
- The Holy Bible: Commonly called the King James Version or Authorized Version is the very word of God inspired and authored by God Himself in written form (2 Timothy 3:16 "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"). Therefor, it is perfect and completely without error from cover to cover. The Bible is the final authority for all matters of spiritual doctrine, faith, and practice.
- God: God is three persons, the Father, the son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost (1 John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one., 1 Timothy 3:16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory., 1 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.)
The Bible clearly presents the Gospel in 1 Corinthians 15:1-4:
1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; 2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. 3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
Notice the Gospel is what JESUS DID FOR MAN, and not what MAN CAN DO FOR GOD!
A person is only saved by BELIEVING upon the finished work of Jesus Christ, when he shed his Precious Blood for our sins. This blood atonement was necessary, for without shedding of blood, is no remission (Heb. 9:22). God has always demanded blood for sin. In the Old Testament, God accepted the blood of a lamb. In the New Testament, God accepts the shed blood of Jesus Christ, the LAMB OF GOD, slain for your sins.
The Gospel of 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 has five parts:
1 Christ died
2. For our sins
3. Was buried
4. Rose Again
5. According to the Scriptures
An old preacher once said, "YOU CANNOT PREACH THE GOSPEL WITHOUT PREACHING THE BLOOD ATONEMENT OF CHRIST AND YOU CANNOT PREACH THE BLOOD ATONEMENT OF CHRIST WITHOUT PREACHING THE GOSPEL!"
This is absolute Bible truth! For salvation by Jesus Christ's bloody sacrifice on the cross is the only means in which God offers eternal life.
Just as we see the blood of Christ in the five wounds He bear on the cross, so we too see the blood of Jesus in the the five points of the Gospel.
Christ died. Jesus shed every drop of his precious blood on the cross of Calvary, dying in man's place for man's sins. His blood dropped into the ground.
For our sins. The Bible likens sin unto blood in Isaiah 1:18: "Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool." Scarlet and crimson are the color of BLOOD.
Was buried. Jesus Christ was buried in the same ground in which his blood was spilt. When Abel, died, we read the following words in Gen. 4:10, "...the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground." Shed blood speaks to God! Hebrews 12:24 then tell us the following about the blood of Jesus: "And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel." Christ's blood speaks as well!
Rose Again. When Jesus rose again, the Bible tells us Jesus Christ took his blood to heaven, and sprinkled it on the mercy seat there (Heb. 9:12-25), where it's still waiting to wash away the sins of the most vilest sinner! Are you washed in the blood?
According to the Scriptures. The whole Old Testament points to Jesus Christ as the Messiah. He's pictured time and again in all the sacrifices the Jews slaughtered in the temple for the atonement of their sins. When Jesus died on the cross and the sacrificial Lamb of God, shedding his blood, he fulfilled prophecy written of him all throughout the Old Testament.
So there you have it! The BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST is found all throughout the Gospel. You can't preach the blood, without preaching the Gospel, and you can't preach the Gospel without preaching the Blood. For the Bible clearly teaches salvation is by FAITH, without WORKS (Eph. 2:8,). Faith in what? FAITH IN THE BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST!
Romans 3:25-28 make this clear:
25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. 27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith. 28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
To be justified, or saved, a person's faith must be wholly in the shed blood of Jesus Christ. This declares God the Just one. When a sinner is saved, he cannot boast about himself or his works. He'll only brag upon Jesus who saved him from his sins!
Sadly, in our modern age of apostasy, very few who claim to be Christians ever preach the blood of Jesus for salvation. But the simple Bible truth is, YOU CANNOT EVEN BE A CHRISTIAN UNLESS YOU ARE TRUSTING ONLY IN THE SHED BLOOD OF JESUS CHRIST!
- Sanctification: Sanctification is the "putting off" (Ephesians 4:22) of our sinful nature by the power of the Holy Ghost following salvation, in response to the love Jesus showed us at the cross. It in no way earns merit for salvation or "keeps you saved", but is the wonderful privilege of a saint redeemed by the precious blood of Jesus Christ to serve Him (Rom 12:1). Any salvation which requires "repentance", "sanctification" or a "submitted life" is a false gospel and is so called by the apostle Paul in Galatians 1:6-9, and robs God of His glory.
- The Church: The church constitutes the whole body of all saved born again believers, of whom Jesus Christ is the Head. (Colossians 1:18)
- Prophecy: The times foretold by Revelation and Daniel are set in the future for a period of 7 years; during which the devil incarnate (the antichrist, man of sin, the son of perdition) will rule the earth and force the world to worship him. The church will be taken out of the world before this time and will go to the "Judgement seat of Christ", 2 Corinthians 5:10. This judgement for the church in no way determines salvation, but is an account of our life here on earth. Prophecies which directly concern the church in the last days are found only in Paul's letters in a few verses:
- ITim 4:1-3, Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils; 2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron; 3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
- 2Timoth 3:1-9, This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come. 2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good, 4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.9 But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men, as their's also was.
- 2Timothy 4:3, For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
- Eternal security of the believer: The moment a person trusts Jesus Christ to be his Lord and Saviour, he is forever free from the damnation of hell, hence they cannot "lose their salvation" because God has sealed us with his Holy Spirit. Here are three scriptural proofs for this doctrine:
- 2 Corinthians 1:22, Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
- Ephesians 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also
- Ephesians 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise